|Notice to the Reader:
The roofing assembly / material information published in the RCABC Roofing Practices Manual and offered below does NOT represent a complete set of the manufacturer’s data or specifications. The preparation of a detailed specification is the responsibility of the design authority.
|Manufacturer: Carlisle Syntec Systems Canada
- Accepted for RoofStar Guarantee Program
- 2011 (First installed in BC in 2009)
- Product Summary
- SecurShield HD Polyiso Insulation is a rigid roof insulation panel composed of a high-density, closed-cell polyisocyanurate foam core laminated to a premium-performance, coated glass fiber-mat facer. Suitable for both re-roofing and new construction applications, SecurShield HD is specifically designed for use as a cover board over a variety of substrates. SecurShield HD delivers an R-value of 2.5, which is significantly higher than roof cover boards made with other materials such as wood fiber or gypsum.
- SecurShield HD Plus HD is a 12.7 mm (1/2") thick high density, closed-cell, polyisocyanurate insulation cover board. SecurShield HD Plus is ideal for use with all Carlisle mechanically attached or fully adhered EPDM or TPO roofing systems. SecurShield HD Plus is available in 1.2 m x 2.4 m (4' x 8') panels.
- High density, closed-cell, polyisocyanurate. Foam core laminated to coated glass fiber mat face.
- DELIVERY, STORAGE AND HANDLING
- All materials must be stored out of the weather in a clean, dry area in the original packages with the manufacturer's labels intact.
- Store materials elevated from the roof surface or the ground, on a pallet and covered by a waterproof tarp.
- Materials stored on the roof must be stored in a safe manner not to exceed the allowable live load of the storage area.
- Care must be taken when transporting and handling SecureShield HD Plus panels to avoid physical damage.
- Do not install over wet, damp or uneven substrates.
- STANDARDS AND APPROVALS
- Meets American Society for Testing and Materials
- Underwriters Laboratories Classified.
- Factory Mutual Approved product.
- UL 790
- MANUFACTURER’S SERVICES
- Applicator Training: Carlisle offers contractor product training.
- Technical Service: Technical Representative's are available for consultation and field training; owners, architects and engineers are assisted in the selection and proper use of materials by technical representatives.
- Specification / Drawings: Complete specifications and detail drawings are available upon request and on the Carlisle Syntec Canadawebsite.
- PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
||ASTM D1621 (modified)
||100 psi (690 kPa)
||<0.5% linear change (7 days)
||260°F or less (126°C or less)
|Resistance to Mold
- Click below for the Technical Data Sheet
Back to Accepted Materials