|Notice to the Reader:
The roofing assembly / material information published in the RCABC Roofing Practices Manual and offered below does NOT represent a complete set of the manufacturer’s data or specifications. The preparation of a detailed specification is the responsibility of the design authority.
|Manufacturer: Soprema Inc.
- Accepted for RoofStar Guarantee Program
- Date TBA
- Product Summary
- SOPRAROCK STONE WOOL is a mono or dual density mineral wool fibre insulation made from basalt rock and slag. It is a non-combustible, has excellent fire resistant, and is an extremely dimensionally stable insulation with excellent acoustic properties. It is a water repellent yet vapour permeable insulation made from natural and recycled products, is impact resistant, and its thermal value and excellent physical properties make it an exceptional choice for use in the commercial roofing market in both new and re-roof applications as a primary insulation or an overlay insulation. Soprarock Stone wool contributes significant advantages to long term performance of roofing membrane assemblies.
- SOPRAROCK MD & SOPRAROCK MD PLUS
- Soprarock MD is mono-density mineral wool for use as a cover board for other insulations or over-top applications and can be mechanically fastened or hot mopped in a full bed of bitumen. Soprarock MD PLUS has an integral bitumen coating factory applied to allow for torch applied, hot applied or cold applied adhered membrane assemblies direct to the insulation.
- Thickness - mm (inches) - 25 (1”)
- Dimensions - m (ft.) - 1.2 x 1.2 (4’ x4’)
- Long Term Thermal Resistance - Stable - ASTM C 518 (C 177) RSI Value - 0.62 (R-3.5) per 25mm (1”)
- Compressive Strength - 25mm (1”) thickness - ASTM C165 - 84 kPa (12.1 psi)
- Density (kg/m2) - ASTM C 612-00 - Actual - 176 (11 lb/ft3)
- Dimensional Stability, linear shrinkage (% @ 177 C [350 F]) - ASTM C 356 - 0.01%
- Water Absorption (%) - ASTM C 209 - < 1.0
- Click below for the Technical Data Sheet.
Back to Accepted Materials