|Notice to the Reader:
The roofing assembly / material information published in the RCABC Roofing Practices Manual and offered below does NOT represent a complete set of the manufacturer’s data or specifications. The preparation of a detailed specification is the responsibility of the design authority.
|Manufacturer: Johns Manville Corporation
- Accepted for RoofStar Guarantee Program
- Date TBA
- Product Summary
- Fesco Board is a homogeneous board composed of expanded perlite, a volcanic ore, blended with selected binders and fibers. The perlite particles are subjected to intense heat, which causes them to expand approximately fifteen times their original size. The resulting glass-like beads contain air cells, which provide high insulating efficiency.
- The top surface of Fesco Board is sealed with Top-Loc coating to ensure positive adhesion of a built-up or modified bitumen membrane. The minimum recycled content is 25% by weight.
- Fesco Board has excellent fire resistance and is approved for use in Factory Mutual approved constructions. When applied over rigid decks, Fesco Board’s high laminar tensile strength resists damage from on-the-job and maintenance traffic, offers an excellent substrate for all roofing membranes, and effectively bridges flute openings in metal decks. Because of its perlite composition and low water absorption rates, Fesco Board is dimensionally stable.
||RSI = .49 / 25 mm (R value = 2.78 / inch)
||Fesco Board is a rigid, thermal roof insulation for use in built-up, modified bitumen and some single ply roofing systems. It may be applied using hot bitumen and / or mechanical fasteners. It may be used as a primary or overlayment board.
||CSA Standard A284-1976
||CAN / CGSB 51.10-92
||Underwriters Laboratory Canada
||0.6 m x 1.2 m
(24" x 48")
|1.2 m x 1.2 m
(48" x 48")
|1.2 m x 2.4 m
(48" x 96")
||Thicknesses - 18 mm (3/4"), 25 mm (1"), 38 mm (1.5"), 50 mm (2")
||CSA A284-1976 34 psi
||CSA A284-1976 13 pcf
TAPERED FESCO BOARD
Tapered Fesco is supplied in .61 m x 1.22 m (24" x 48") or 1.22 m x 1.22 m (48" x 48") boards, custom cut and tapered to 5.2 mm / m (1/16" / ft.), 10.4 mm / m (1/8" / ft.), 20.8 mm / m (1/4" / ft.), or 41.6 mm / m (1/2" / ft.) slope depending on the need. Custom sizes are available. Johns Manville’s Tapered Design Center has computerized design service, as well as shop drawings for application for the architect and roofing contractor.
- Click below for the Technical Data Sheet.
Back to Accepted Materials