|Notice to the Reader:
The roofing assembly / material information published in the RCABC Roofing Practices Manual and offered below does NOT represent a complete set of the manufacturer’s data or specifications. The preparation of a detailed specification is the responsibility of the design authority.
|Manufacturer: Johns Manville Corporation
- Accepted for RoofStar Guarantee Program
- Date TBA
- Product Summary
- Retro-Fit Board is a perlite-based utility board for use as a divorcing layer in reroofing and in new construction as a top layer in a multi-layer insulation system.
- Half-inch Retro-Fit Board is a high density board made of expanded perlite and cellulosic fibres. It serves as an upgrade for wood fibre utility roofing products. The perlite particles are subjected to intense heat, which causes them to expand approximately fifteen times their original size.
- The top surface is sealed with Top-Loc coating to ensure good attachment in bituminous applications. The minimum recycled content is 35% by weight.
- Retro-Fit Board Insulation / Overlay
||RSI = .23 / 13 mm (R value = 1.32 / 1/2 inch)
||13 mm (1/2") Retro-fit Board is a perlite-based utility board for use as a divorcing layer in reroofing and in new construction as a top layer in a multi-layer insulation system. It is not recommended for use directly over steel decks. It may be applied using hot bitumen and / or mechanical fasteners. It may be used as a primary or overlayment board.
- CSA A284-1976
- CAN / CGSB 51.10-92
- ASTM C 728
- Factory Mutual Approved
- Underwriters Laboratories Canada
||CSA A284-1976 37 psi
||CSA A284-1976 13 pcf
||0.6 m x 1.2 m
(24" x 48")
|1.2 m x 1.2 m
(48" x 48")
|1.2 m x 2.4 m
(48" x 96")
||Thicknesses: 13 mm (½")
- Click below for the Technical Data Sheet.
Back to Accepted Materials