|Notice to the Reader:
The information published in the RCABC Roofing Practices Manual and offered below does NOT represent a complete set of the manufacturer’s data or specifications, nor is this material recommended or endorsed by the Guarantor. The preparation of a detailed specification is the responsibility of the Design Authority.
|Manufacturer and Acceptance
- Building Products of Canada Corp.
- Accepted for the RoofStar Guarantee Program
- October 17, 2021
- Accepted for application in
- Water-shedding Systems (ASM, Asphalt Shingles, Cedar Shingles, Cedar Shakes)
- Product Summary
- Weathertex is a self-adhering membrane composed of a rubberized asphalt roofing sheet with a strong inorganic glass mat for reinforcement. The top surface is embedded with fine sand granules and the back is covered with an easily removable dual scored plastic release film.
- This material is suitable as a fully adhered underlayment, or as eave and valley protection. It has a nominal thickness of 1.5 mm (60 mils).
- (with adaptations from the Technical Data Sheet)
- Conditions and Limitations
- Architectural Sheet Metal (ASM) systems - limited to slopes 1:6 (2" in 12") and greater.
- Asphalt Shingles systems - limited to slopes 1:3 (4" in 12") and greater.
- Cedar Shingle and Shake systems - limited to slopes 1:3 (4" in 12") and greater.
- Click below for the Technical Data Sheet.
Back to Accepted Materials