SBS Sealant Pocket
SBS Sealant Pocket
Division D - Construction Details
SBS 126.96.36.199 Sealant Pocket
|Notice to Reader|
|Images used in a Construction Detail are representative and not prescriptive. Nor are they necessarily drawn to scale. Rather, they are provided to visually convey the requirements of the Standard they represent. Unless otherwise required by the Standard, dimensions, the selection of materials and their application remains the responsibility of the Design Authority.|
The full text of the referenced requirements in the Standard may be read by using the blue hyperlinks
1 WORK INCLUDED
- (1) Supporting Deck Overlay
- If required by design authority.
- (2) Air or Vapour Control Layers
- If required by design authority
- (3) Insulation
- Mechanically fastened. See available insulation products in Division C of this Manual.
- (4) Insulation Overlay
- As required.
- (5) Primary Membrane and Membrane Protection
- (6) Compatible Mastic
- Use only the membrane manufacturer's approved sealant.
- (7) Sealant Pocket
- Minimum 100 mm (4") flange onto roof membrane. All corners, with the exception of one job-site formed double standing seam corner joint and adjoining lapped flange joining, shall be closed and soldered. Minimum height of gum pan to be 100 mm (4").
- (8) Membrane Flashing
- Onto primed metal flashing flange.
- (9) Packing
- To prevent displacement of compatible mastic.
- (10) Structural Sealant
- Use only the membrane manufacturers’ approved proprietary polyurethane based structural sealant.
- (11) Back-up Storm Collar
- To be installed whenever practical. Caulk at top of collar.
2 RELATED WORK BY OTHERS
- (A) Acceptable Supporting Deck Structure
- (B) Protrusion
- (C) Wood Blocking
- WARNING: DO NOT USE THIS DETAIL WITH HOT PIPES.
- AVOID THIS DETAIL: Wherever possible use Flanged Metal Stack Flashing or Curbed Opening.
NOTE: See the Standard for additional requirements.
© RCABC 2022
No reproduction of this material, in whole or in part, is lawful without the expressed permission of the RCABC.