Project observations are required as part of the RoofStar Guarantee Program, and these must be conducted by RoofStar-accepted independent Observers who are employed by RoofStar-accepted firms located and doing business in British Columbia. Each RoofStar Guarantee includes the following work performed by an independent Observer:
- A First Observation that includes an evaluation of the supporting deck surface and its suitability under the RoofStar Guarantee Standards for the Project.
- Regular observations, on a daily basis when possible or as otherwise mandated by the RoofStar Fee Calculator, during the course of Project construction. These observations provide third-party oversight to ensure that the design, materials and application practices conform to the RoofStar Guarantee Standards and RoofStar-accepted Materials.
- A Final Observation once the work has been completed by the Contractor.
- Written reports that reflect observations and communication during the course of construction, inclusive of recommendations to the Contractor and to the RoofStar Guarantee Program.
- A Performance Review conducted at the 2-year anniversary of the Project completion date, presented in writing jointly to the building Owner and the RoofStar Guarantee Program.
- Subsequent Performance Reviews (for the 10-year RoofStar Guarantee only), conducted at the 5-year and 8-year anniversaries of the Project completion date, presented in writing jointly to the building Owner and the RoofStar Guarantee Program.
- A waterproofing integrity scan, performed on at-grade Waterproofing Projects only, both upon completion of construction and at the 2-year anniversary of the Project completion date.
© RCABC 2023
No reproduction of this material, in whole or in part, is lawful without the expressed permission of the RCABC Guarantee Corp.