|Notice to the Reader:
The information published in the RCABC Roofing Practices Manual and offered below does NOT represent a complete set of the manufacturer’s data or specifications, nor is this material recommended or endorsed by the Guarantor. The preparation of a detailed specification is the responsibility of the Design Authority.
|Manufacturer and Acceptance
- IKO Industries Ltd.
- Accepted for the RoofStar Guarantee Program
- January 2021
- Accepted for application in
- Water-shedding Systems (all)
- Product Summary
- IKO Stormshield Ice and Water Protector is a 914 mm (36") wide, 1.08 mm (43 mil) thick self-adhering SBS modified membrane with a non-woven glass fibre reinforcement mat that is permeated and coated with SBS modifed bitumen. The membrane is "covered with a finely divided mineral matter on its top to provide a non-slip surface while a silicone treated release film, which is easily removed during application, protects its self-adhesive backing."
- This material is suitable for use at the eaves, in valleys, and around penetrations flashings (see the requirements in the appropriate Water-shedding Standard).
- (adapted from the Technical Data Sheet and the manufacturer's Material Application description)
- Conditions and Limitations
- This product must be overlaid with a separation layer if used directly beneath metal panels in an uninsulated Architectural Sheet Metal roof system.
- Click below for the Technical Data Sheet.
Back to Accepted Materials