SBS Canted Edge
SBS Canted Edge
Division D - Construction Details
SBS | Canted Edge ( Article 10.3.4.2.)
|Notice to Reader|
|Images used in a Construction Detail are representative and not prescriptive. Nor are they necessarily drawn to scale. Rather, they are provided to visually convey the requirements of the Standard they represent. Unless otherwise required by the Standard, dimensions, the selection of materials and their application remains the responsibility of the Design Authority.|
The full text of the referenced requirements in the Standard may be read by using the blue hyperlinks
1 WORK INCLUDED
- (1) Air or Vapour Control Layer
- Installed following the requirements of Part 6 in this Standard. Tie in the control layers with membranes installed by other trades, to preserve continuity of the building enclosure (1a).
- (2) Insulation
- Installed in staggered and offset layers (not illustrated), and secured in accordance with the design of the system, which is based on the British Columbia Building Code, Part 4 and Part 5, and on Part 3 of the RoofStar Guarantee Standards for the membrane system type.
- (3) Insulation Overlay
- Subject to the requirements of Part 8 in the RoofStar Guarantee Standards for the membrane system type.
- (4) Base Membrane (field)
- Mechanically attached, torch-applied, adhered or self-adhered. See Tables 9.1 and 9.2 for acceptable membrane types and securement options. See 9.3 for application requirements.
- (5) Base Membrane (flashing)
- Carried vertically up a wall or parapet at least 200 mm (8”), and onto the roof field at least 100 mm (4”) (greater if required by the membrane manufacturer). Prime substrate, as required by the membrane manufacturer.
- (6) Cap Membrane (field)
- Granule-surfaced membrane. See Tables 9.1 and 9.2 for acceptable cap membrane types and their securement options. See 9.3 for application requirements.
- (7) Cap Membrane (flashing)
- Extended vertically past the termination of the base membrane flashing, to provide a positive seal at the top edge.
- (8) Metal Cant Flashing
- Secure metal flashings with appropriate fasteners set at least 87 mm (3 ½”) above the finished roof surface. Alternatively, secure flashing from the outside face (illustrated). See 13.3.7 Cant Edges for metal flashing securement requirements.
2 RELATED WORK BY OTHERS
- (A) Acceptable Deck
- (B) Cant and Fascia Woodwork
NOTE: See the Standard for additional requirements.
© RCABC 2022
No reproduction of this material, in whole or in part, is lawful without the expressed permission of the RCABC.