Draft CD 11
Draft CD 11
|Notice to Reader|
|Images used in a Construction Detail are representative and not intended in their representation of an assembly to be prescriptive. Nor are they necessarily drawn to scale. Rather, they are provided to visually convey the Standards, Guiding Principles and Recommendations of the RoofStar Guarantee Standards for a Waterproofing or Water-shedding System. Actual design with respect to dimensions, the selection of materials and their application remains the responsibility of the Design Authority.|
The full text of applicable RoofStar Guarantee Standards may be read by using the blue hyperlinks
1 WORK INCLUDED
- (1) Underlayment
- The type of underlay required is determined by roof slope.
- (2) Separation layer
- Vapour-permeable layer over insulation, required on all insulated Architectural Sheet Metal Roof Systems. The material must be located between the insulation and metal panels (see 8.1.2 Design).
- (3) Architectural metal panel clip
- When a ventilation material is specified or required (Item 2), clips must be supported on an EPDM pad (not illustrated) or supported according to the standards in 8.3.3 Separation and Ventilation Layers.
- (4) Architectural metal roof panel
- (5) Bread-panned panel termination
- Must be bent and folded, not cut.
- (6) Drag-load fasteners
- Compatible non-corrosive fasteners.
- (7) Sealant
- (8) 'Z' Closure
- Set in accepted sealant or butyl tape and secured with compatible non-corrosive flathead fasteners.
- (9) Ventilation screen
- (10) Ridge cap flashing
- Hooked onto ventilation screen.
2 RELATED WORK BY OTHERS
- (A) Acceptable Deck
- Installed with ventilation gap at peak.
NOTE: Refer to RoofStar Guarantee Standards for additional requirements.