Division C - Accepted Materials
FleeceBACK RL (RapidLock) TPO
by Carlisle SynTec Systems Canada
|Material Acceptance and Product Details
The information published in the RCABC Roofing Practices Manual and offered below does NOT represent a complete set of the manufacturer’s data or specifications, nor is this material recommended or endorsed by the Guarantor. The preparation of a detailed specification is the responsibility of the Design Authority.
- Accepted for the RoofStar Guarantee Program
- October 20, 2023
- Accepted for application in
- Roof Waterproofing Systems
- Acceptance Criteria
- Product Summary
- Carlisle's RapidLock (RL) fleece-backed TPO membrane is internally reinforced and must be installed over their proprietary insulation panels, SecurShield RapidLock Polyiso and SecurShield RapidLock HD Polyiso. Both panels are manufactured with a VELCRO® Brand Securable Solutions facer on the upper side of the panel, to which the membrane is attached.
- (adapted from the Technical Data Sheet)
- Available thickness (nominal, over fleece): 1.524 mm (60 mil) / 2.92 mm (115 mil)
- Conditions and Limitations
- Carlisle's RapidLock (RL) membranes (EPDM, TPO, and PVC) are accepted by the RGC for use on waterproofing roofs up to 30.48 m (100') above grade (higher roofs require a design review by Carlisle Syntec Systems Canada).
† Note that the membrane tables classify this as "self-adhered". However, because of the VELCRO® Brand Securable Solutions technology used to secure the membrane, RapidLock membranes do not qualify for traditional self-adhered applications, such as in gutters or protected membrane roof assemblies.
- Technical Data Sheet
- Click the "PDF" icon to open the TDS in a new window.
Back to Accepted Materials