|Notice to the Reader:
The roofing assembly / material information published in the RCABC Roofing Practices Manual and offered below does NOT represent a complete set of the manufacturer’s data or specifications. The preparation of a detailed specification is the responsibility of the design authority.
- Accepted for RoofStar Guarantee Program
- Date TBA
- Product Summary
- NVS and Insulcel are composite systems that combine the unique properties of Lightweight insulating concrete (LWIC) and premium expanded polystyrene (EPS) foam insulation. The polystyrene insulation board can be installed in thicknesses necessary for high insulation values and in a stair stepped fashion, facilitating a positive slope to drain.
- Poured 25 mm (1") for NVS and 50 mm (2") for Insulcel thickness over EPS insulation, these LWIC systems have been engineered for use over non-slotted or slotted galvanized corrugated metal decks (Insulcel), structural concrtete substrates and, where appropriate, over existing roofs in recover applications. These systems provide high performance solutions to industry concerns that include moisture resistance, high compressive strength, dimensional stability, fire and wind resistance, stable R-values and environmental safety. As a reusable resource LWIC also provides LEED values and is re-roofable.
- Click Here for NVS Premix materials handling and application instructions,
- NVS concrete is a 1:3.5 volume ratio of Portland cement to patented NVS Concrete Aggregate.
- INSULCEL concrete is a mixture of Insulcel-PB pregenerated cellular foam and Portland cement / water slurry.
||NVS - 560 kilograms per cubic meter (Kg/cu.m), (35 lbs. pcf)
Insulcel - 480 kilograms per cubic meter (Kg/cu.m), (30 lbs. pcf)
||NVS - 2070 kilopascals (kPa), (300 psi) (minimum)
Insulcel - 1380 kilopascals, (kPa), (200 psi) (minimum)
- Recover and existing roof system (consultant validated).
- Compensate for irregularities in existing substrates - slope to drain.
- High compressive strength reduces potential damage from foot and other traffic.
- Monolithic Mass effect improves long term membrane performance.
- LEED value.
- Save disposal costs and space in landfills.
- Temperature Restrictions - do not install below 0ºC or 32ºF.
- Do not apply during or in the event of rain.
- Improved contractor installation performance.
- Factory Mutual
- NVS 1-90 and 1-150
- Insulcel RT 1-90 and 1-195
- Metro-Dade Product Control No. 02-0411.01 and 03-320.13
- ASTM C332, ASTM C578
- Click below for the Technical Data Sheet.
Back to Accepted Materials