|Notice to the Reader:
The roofing assembly / material information published in the RCABC Roofing Practices Manual and offered below does NOT represent a complete set of the manufacturer’s data or specifications. The preparation of a detailed specification is the responsibility of the design authority.
- Accepted for RoofStar Guarantee Program
- Date TBA
- Product Summary
- TOPROCK DD STONE WOOL Insulation is a monolithic dual density stone wool fibre insulation made from basalt rock and slag. It is a non-combustible and fire resistant, is extremely dimensionally stable with excellent acoustic properties. It is water repellent yet vapour permeable and made from natural and recycled products, is impact resistant, and its thermal value and excellent physical properties make it an exceptional choice for use in the commercial roofing market in both new and re-roof applications as a primary insulation or an overlay insulation. Toprock Stone wool contributes significant advantages to long term performance of roofing membrane assemblies.
- TOPROCK DD & DD PLUS
- Toprock DD is dual-density mineral wool with a rigid upper surface for durability and enhanced strength. It is intended for use as a primary insulation in commercial, industrial, and institutional new and re-roof applications. It can be mechanically fastened or hot mopped in a full bed of bitumen (see the applicable RoofStar Guarantee Standards for limitations when the material is mechanically fastened in a membrane assembly) . Toprock DD PLUS has an integral bitumen coating applied to allow for torch applied, hot applied or cold applied adhered membrane assemblies direct to the insulation without the use of a coverboard.
- Thickness - mm (inches) - 25 (1”) to 150 (6”) in 12mm (1/2”) increments except no 3” (only 3.25 R 12)
- Dimensions - m (ft) - 1.2 x 1.2 (4’ x 4’)
- Long Term Thermal Resistance - Stable - ASTM C518 (C 177) - RSI Value - 0.65 (R 3.7) per 25mm (1”)
- Compressive Strength - ASTM C 165
- Top Layer at 10% - kPa (psi) 139 (20.2 psi)
- Top Layer at 25% - kPa (psi) 252 (37.0 psi)
- 75mm (3”) thickness - kPs (psi) 71 (10.3 psi)
- 75mm (3”) thickness - kPa (psi) 103.5 (15psi)
- Density (kg/m3) - Formed as a monolithic structure - ASTM C612-00 - Actual
- Top Layer - 220 (13.75 lb/ft3)
- Bottom - Layer - 160 (10.0 lb/ft3)
- Dimensional Stability - Linear Shrinkage (% at 177C (350F) - ASTM C 356 - 0.01%
- Water Absorption (%) - ASTM C 209 - < 1.0 - Water Vapour Sorption - ASTM C 1104 - 0.03
- Roxul Inc. may modify the composition of its products without prior notice. Consequently orders will be filled according to the latest specifications.
- Click below for the Technical Data Sheet.
Back to Accepted Materials